Polish citizenship confirmation affirms that the applicant for whom the confirmation has been issued is a Polish citizen. From that moment onwards, the person has the same rights as Polish citizens, such as the right to:
- a permanent stay in Poland,
- work in Poland,
- run a business in Poland,
- use the medical/health services in Poland,
- being educated in Poland,
- obtain a Polish passport, Polish ID, etc.
For Polish emigrants (and their descendants) who are concurrently citizens of non-european countries, the additional consequence of having their Polish citizenship confirmed is acquiring the status of a European Union citizen, which involves additional rights.